Due to growth, we are now recruiting an Automation Engineer to enable and encourage developers and testers to design and implement tests in an efficient way by providing them with the right tools, frameworks, and infrastructure. This role will be remote with occasional travel to our London or Manchester office.
You will be expected to drive forward test development, advising wherever required, on best practices. Responsibilities vary from web, mobile and web services wherever required, therefore you will require an in depth understanding of test automation approaches and methodologies as well as a good understanding of web and mobile development.
It’s really important that you keep on top of the latest technology advancements in the test development space, allowing you to influence our future test infrastructure and architecture.
You must have:
- Knowledge of web and mobile technologies
- Experience with test frameworks and automation tools
- Knowledge and experience in automated web, mobile application and RESTful service testing
- A passion for test infrastructure, test architecture and CI/CD
- Knowledge of CI automation systems to create builds preferably Jenkins/TeamCity
- Possess an agile mind-set, fast to adapt to constant changes and comfortable with it
- Ability to work with other developers to ensure that systems are designed for reliability and testability
- Good understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
Experience with any of the below tech is desirable:
- Cucumber, Gherkin
- Selenium WebDriver, Protractor, WebdriverIO, Appium
- Jasmine, Chai
- SoapUI, Postman, Frisby.js
- TeamCity, Jenkins
- MongoDB, postgresql
- CI/CD/Continuous testing
- BitBucket, Git
- BrowserStack, SauceLab
This role would suit an Automation Tester/Automation Engineer who can talk automation tools and techniques and be a sounding board for shaping automation testing at AJ Bell.
AJ Bell is one of the fastest-growing investment platform businesses in the UK, with over 418,000 customers using our award-winning platform propositions to manage assets totalling more than £74.1 billion. Having listed on the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange in December 2018, AJ Bell is now a FTSE 250 company.
Headquartered in Manchester with an office in central London, we now have 900 employees and have been named one of the Sunday Times ‘100 Best Companies to Work For’ for three consecutive years.
There are opportunities for growth and professional development for members wanting to progress within their career including induction training and our study support scheme which is part of our benefits package.
At AJ Bell you can expect a friendly working environment with a strong sense of team work, we have a great sense of pride in what we do and this is reflected in our guiding principles.
There is an active programme of social events throughout the year, which are open to all employees.
- Regular remote working
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Buy as you earn share scheme
- Contributory pension
- Support to attend conferences, events, and meet-ups
- 24 days holiday increasing to 30 with length of service
- Holiday buy scheme
- Enhanced maternity and paternity
- Death in service cover
- Confidential 24/7 365 employee assistance helpline
- Paid volunteering days
- Bike loan scheme
- Season ticket loan portal
- Plus, much more