Finance Controls Analyst
The Finance Controls Analyst will work in the Finance Department Controls Team, which has an integral role in supporting the Group’s financial control function within the business. The main purpose of this role is to ensure that fees are charged correctly and have strong controls in place in relation to fees for each product, in line with their respective charges and rates.
The Finance Controls Analyst will review fee scripts and operational processes to identify deficiencies, make recommendations for improvements and introduce controls to minimise the risk of lost revenue. The Finance Controls Analyst will document, test and support the implementation of any fee related changes, in addition to maintaining procedures and providing technical guidance on fee related issues to all business areas and auditors. This role also involves reviewing large sets of data, performing reconciliations, and identifying root causes of issues/anomalies.
Excellent analytical abilities and strong communication skills are key to this role. The individual will also be self-driven, with a keen eye for detail and motivated to bring ideas for change forward and implementing them. This role requires liaising with various departments and stakeholders in Operations and Finance, investigating and resolving a variety of fee queries as they arise. You will be enthusiastic to take on additional responsibility to improve your learning and performance.
What does the job involve?
The key responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Monthly and quarterly fee reconciliations
- Investigation and resolution of queries generated from fee reconciliations
- Researching, identifying, and resolving existing/historical fee charging issues that may lead to additional charging / bad debt write off
- Support the introduction and maintenance of internal controls relating to fees to ensure adherence to business rules and the Group Financial Control Policy
- Run a suite of control reports within agreed SLAs
- Maintain good working relations with other teams, liaising as necessary to develop efficient and effective controls
- Liaising with multiple business areas to support the implementation of projects, fee changes and system upgrades through testing of software.
- Carry out monthly attestation processes
- Always ensure compliance with procedures
Competence, Knowledge & Skills:
- Previous experience of a sales ledger function or in a financial services back-office administration role
- Financial industry knowledge desirable but not essential
- Excellent numeracy and communication skills; both written and verbal
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Logical mindset; able to solve problems
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to prioritise
- Ability to question existing processes, confident in putting forward ideas for improving processes
- Strong IT skills with previous experience of manipulating data using advanced functions in MS Excel
- Understanding of AJ Bell products, services, and systems advantageous
AJ Bell is one of the fastest-growing investment platform businesses in the UK, with over 418,000 customers using our award-winning platform propositions to manage assets totalling more than £74.1 billion. Having listed on the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange in December 2018, AJ Bell is now a FTSE 250 company.
In return you can expect:
- A full training programme and study support including AAT L2 & L3
- Excellent career opportunities
- 24 days holiday increasing to 30 days with length of service, plus bank holidays
- Discretionary 6-monthly bonus
- Contributory pension scheme
- Holiday buy/sell scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Free social events including monthly pay-day Friday drinks
- Free gym and classes
- Volunteering days
- + much, much more!