Senior Risk Analyst
An exciting opportunity to start your career as a Senior Risk Analyst has now risen!
The purpose of the role is to support the delivery of an effective risk management framework (RMF) across AJ Bell. The role holder will help to ensure that the AJ Bell's RMF is robust in identifying, measuring and mitigating risks.
What does the job involve?
The key responsibilities of the role are as follows:
- Promoting a strong risk culture across AJ Bell
- Communicating, educating and advising on the RMF
- Preparing and delivering training and awareness programmes to enhance business understanding of risk management
- Attending and facilitating risk forums across AJ Bell
- Providing support and challenge to risk owners within AJ Bell on risk and controls assessments
- Oversight of AJ Bell’s risk and control self-assessment (RCSA) process
- Coordination of the AJ Bell’s control effectiveness review (CER), which is a 2nd line review of the effectiveness of the Group’s key controls
- Ownership and maintenance of the AJ Bell’s risk register (4risk), used for collating all of AJ Bell’s risks and controls
- Ownership of the AJ Bell’s risk event process
- Ownerships and production of the AJ Bell’s risk reporting to fulfil oversight and reporting requirements
- Conducting assurance reviews for areas of risk within AJ Bell which are deemed to require additional assurance, due to factors such as, risk events, breaches, or market conditions.
- Providing risk input into the Internal Capital Adequacy and Risk Assessment (ICARA) process. Assisting with the Group’s ICARA scenario workshops
Competence, Knowledge & Skills:
- Risk experience
- Degree and / or appropriate professional qualifications
- Experience of dealing with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Good report writing skills
- Good knowledge of MS Office
- Very high attention to detail
- Knowledge of the regulatory framework within which AJ Bell operates
- Effective planning, organisation and time management skills
AJ Bell is one of the fastest-growing investment platform businesses in the UK, with over 418,000 customers using our award-winning platform propositions to manage assets totalling more than £74.1 billion. Having listed on the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange in December 2018, AJ Bell is now a FTSE 250 company.
Headquartered in Manchester with an office in central London, we now have over 1000 employees and have been named one of the Sunday Times ‘100 Best Companies to Work For’ for three consecutive years.
In return we will provide all the training and support you need in order to develop within your role.
There are opportunities for growth and professional development for members wanting to progress within their career including induction training and our study support scheme which is part of our benefits package.
At AJ Bell you can expect a friendly working environment with a strong sense of team work, we have a great sense of pride in what we do and this is reflected in our guiding principles.
In return for your hard work you will be entitled to:
- Competetive salary
- 24 days holiday increasing up to 30 days with service, plus bank holidays
- Holiday buy scheme
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Contributory pension scheme
- Paid study support for qualifications
- Enhanced maternity/paternity scheme
- Bike loan
- Season ticket loan portal
- Discounted PMI and Dental
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Free gym
- Free social events
- Plus much more