Customer Support Agent
We are now looking to recruit hardworking, articulate individuals to join our telephone support teams where you will play a key role in providing our award-winning service to our customers. For hard working individuals, there are excellent career development opportunities available.
We have big growth plans with multiple opportunities available. Inductions will take place for these roles on the following dates: Monday 23 May, Monday 6 June and Monday 20 June beyond this, inductions will continue to be held fortnightly.
What does the job involve?
- Our customer support agents answer questions and resolve queries at the initial point of contact from AJ Bell Youinvest & Investcentre customers across our award-winning product range.
- You’ll be taking inbound calls, responding to incoming emails, and using a secure messaging system, with all aspects of the work carried out in line with service level agreements and our compliance policies.
- We’re recognised for our great customer service and this role is pivotal in dealing with, and answering, a variety of queries in a timely and professional manner.
- This represents an excellent opportunity to work in a fast-paced client services department with on-going support to enhance your knowledge and experience.
Career progression is something we pride ourselves on here at AJ Bell, and when you are ready, we will help you take your career to the next stage. We also offer paid study support for professional qualifications.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Five GCSEs grades A*-C (or equivalent), including Math's & English
- The ability to demonstrate excellent customer service skills
- A polite and professional telephone manner
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Competent with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Patience and empathy with customers who may need extra support
- Previous experience in a call/contact centre role is desirable but not essential
- Previous financial services exposure is desirable but not essential
In return we will provide all the training and support you need in order to develop within your role.
There are opportunities for growth and professional development for members wanting to progress within their career including induction training and our study support scheme which is part of our benefits package.
At AJ Bell you can expect a friendly working environment with a strong sense of teamwork, we have a great sense of pride in what we do, and this is reflected in our guiding principles.
This role is 40 hours per week with varied shift patterns on a rota basis, covering opening times; Monday to Friday 8am till 9pm, 1 in 4 Saturday's and some bank holidays across the year.
AJ Bell is one of the fastest-growing investment platform businesses in the UK, with over 418,000 customers using our award-winning platform propositions to manage assets totalling more than £74.1 billion. Having listed on the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange in December 2018, AJ Bell is now a FTSE 250 company.
Headquartered in Manchester with an office in central London, we now have over 1000 employees and have been named one of the Sunday Times ‘100 Best Companies to Work For’ for three consecutive years.
In return for your hard work you will be entitled to:
- Basic salary £22-24k (dependent on experience)
- 24 days holiday increasing up to 30 days with service, plus bank holidays
- Discretionary bonus paid twice a year
- Contributory pension scheme
- Paid study support for qualifications
- Enhanced maternity/paternity scheme
- Bike loan
- Season ticket loan portal
- Discounted PMI and Dental
- Free gym
- Holiday buy/sell scheme
- Free social events
- Plus, much more