Brand Marketing Lead
The role of the Brand and PR team is to increase awareness and understanding of AJ Bell and its sub-brands. This includes increasing recall, recognition and demand for products and services across the group and raising our profile as a responsible employer.
This fixed term role, with the possibility of going perm, will help shape and deliver AJ Bell's brand vision and strategy. The role will support the development and alignment of the group’s product brands. It will also be responsible for the delivery of the group’s sponsorship strategy, as well as providing support where needed for AJ Bell’s employer brand and ESG activities.
What will your key responsibilities be?
- Take brand ownership – helping the Brand and PR Director to set and implement the brand architecture, creative and messaging for the AJ Bell Group.
- Responsibility for AJ Bell’s brand guidelines - developing, evolving and maintaining a brand toolkit that supports the brand strategy and supports brand coherence.
- Responsibility for maintaining consistency across the group, whilst working flexibly with the product marketing teams to create strong product sub-brands and campaign activity.
- Supporting where needed the creative direction of all sub-brands, including the strategy and implementation of branding for new products.
- Work with external creative agencies and the internal creative team to help them deliver high quality creative assets that support the business plan/strategies of the business.
- Lead projects and pitches, from concept through to delivery.
- Translate brand vision and strategies into brand plans and campaigns, working closely with the comms team to deliver.
- Work closely with the marketing communications team to manage the AJ Bell group website and group comms strategy.
- Work closely with the PR team to ensure all brand communications support our wider PR strategies, including social media campaigns. Also, to ensure all brand and sponsorship activities are maximised from a PR perspective.
- Act as brand guardian, to encourage consistency across the business and to be the ‘go-to’ person for brand related matters - support internal brand education, governance and adherence across the business.
- To support HR, Internal Comms, Recruitment and L&D to deliver our employer brand strategy; helping to increase our profile as an employer, support recruitment, and improve employee engagement through our events and communications.
- To support where needed our ESG agenda, taking a lead on relevant CSR opportunities.
- Delivery of our sponsorship strategy – maximising our partnerships and identifying new opportunities to present to the CEO.
- Manage the brand and sponsorship budget.
- Develop MI that supports the development of our strategy and helps us to achieve our brand awareness objectives.
AJ Bell is one of the fastest-growing investment platform businesses in the UK, with over 418,000 customers using our award-winning platform propositions to manage assets totalling more than £74.1 billion. Having listed on the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange in December 2018, AJ Bell is now a FTSE 250 company.
Headquartered in Manchester with an office in central London, we now have 900 employees and have been named one of the Sunday Times ‘100 Best Companies to Work For’ for three consecutive years.
There are opportunities for growth and professional development for members wanting to progress within their career including induction training and our study support scheme which is part of our benefits package.
At AJ Bell you can expect a friendly working environment with a strong sense of team work, we have a great sense of pride in what we do and this is reflected in our guiding principles.
There is an active programme of social events throughout the year, which are open to all employees.
This role can be based from either of our Manchester or London offices.
- Regular remote working
- Buy as you earn share scheme
- Contributory pension
- Pay-day drinks
- 26 days holiday pro-rated for lenght of contract
- Holiday buy scheme
- Death in service cover
- Confidential 24/7 365 employee assistance helpline
- Paid volunteering days
- Free social events
- Plus, much more