Credit Control Administrator
The main purpose of the Credit Control Administrator is to support the business in running credit control processes for our online and white label products.
The individual will be self-driven, with a keen eye for detail and motivated to bring ideas for change forward and implementing them. This role requires liaising with various departments and stakeholders in Operations and Finance. You will be enthusiastic to take on additional responsibility to improve your learning and performance.
This role supports an existing team dealing with credit control. Training and support will be provided to ensure the candidate understands and is equipped to deliver the role and its responsibilities.
What does the job involve?
The key responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Conducting credit control processes in accordance with written procedures, reviewing and updating procedures regularly
- Contact clients via letter/email to make them aware of the outstanding fees on their account
- Arrange for cash movements or disinvestment requests, where required, to cover outstanding fees
- Ensure that the correct fees are levied for cash movements and forced disinvestments instructed
- Liaise with external investment providers to chase outstanding disinvestment requests
- Liaise with Operational, Client Services & external investment providers to ensure updates are received for clients who have illiquid holdings
- Support project implementations, fixes and upgrades through testing of software and assisting with the definition of processes and procedures
- Completion of ad-hoc tasks as requested by Team Leader / Manager
Competence, Knowledge & Skills:
- Previous experience in a financial services back-office administration role
- Excellent numeracy and communication skills; both written and verbal
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Good organisational skills and the ability to prioritise
- Competent using Microsoft office products, in particular Microsoft Excel
- Understanding of AJ Bell products, services, and systems advantageous
AJ Bell is one of the fastest-growing investment platform businesses in the UK, with over 418,000 customers using our award-winning platform propositions to manage assets totalling more than £74.1 billion. Having listed on the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange in December 2018, AJ Bell is now a FTSE 250 company.
Headquartered in Manchester with an office in central London, we now have over 1000 employees and have been named one of the Sunday Times ‘100 Best Companies to Work For’ for three consecutive years.
There are opportunities for growth and professional development for members wanting to progress within their career including induction training and our study support scheme which is part of our benefits package.
At AJ Bell you can expect a friendly working environment with a strong sense of team work, we have a great sense of pride in what we do and this is reflected in our guiding principles.
In return for your hard work you will be entitled to:
- £20,000 - £22,000 dependent on experience
- 24 days holiday increasing up to 30 days with service, plus bank holidays
- Holiday buy/sell scheme
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Contributory pension scheme
- Buy as you earn share scheme
- Paid study support for qualifications
- Enhanced maternity/paternity scheme with length of service
- Bike loan and Season ticket loan portal
- Discounted PMI and Dental
- On-site gym and personal trainer led classes
- Free social events
- Plus much more