Automation Test Engineer
Due to growth, we are now recruiting an Automation Test Engineer to design and implement test automation frameworks and write automated tests to cover the feature requirements.
While initially focussed on the web applications, responsibilities vary to cover mobile and web services wherever required. You will therefore you will require an in depth understanding of test automation approaches and methodologies as well as a good understanding of web and mobile development.
Design and implement test automation frameworks and write automated tests to cover the feature requirements
Design and implement API integration tests for Rest and Soap web services both internal and 3rd party providers
Enhance and maintain existing test automation frameworks and suites
Work alongside scrum team members to clarify requirements, ensure end to end and API automation testability, provide feedback on design for new features as well as promote best practice in developing code written with automation in mind
Monitor the continuous integration and continuous deployment pipeline to ensure test automation solutions are integrated throughout our delivery pipeline
Effectively troubleshoot, analyse, isolate and communicate defects discovered as a result of executing automated tests and make recommendations to address the defects
Assess the development process to determine high risk areas and make recommendations on how to mitigate these risks with test automation
Specifying, establishing and managing test data for automation projects across various environments
You must have:
- Knowledge of web and mobile technologies
- Experience with test frameworks and automation tools
- Knowledge and experience in automated web, mobile application and RESTful service testing
- A passion for test infrastructure, test architecture and CI/CD
- Knowledge of CI automation systems to create builds preferably AWS pipelines
- Possess an agile mind-set, fast to adapt to constant changes and comfortable with it
- Ability to work with other developers to ensure that systems are designed for reliability and testability
Experience with any of the below tech is desirable:
- Cucumber, Gherkin
- Cypress, Selenium WebDriver, Protractor, WebdriverIO, Appium
- Jasmine, Chai
- SoapUI, Postman, Frisby.js
- TeamCity, Jenkins
- MongoDB, postgresql
- CI/CD/Continuous testing
- CDK pipelines
- BitBucket, Git
- BrowserStack, SauceLab
- BDD, TDD, Unit Testing
- Strong development knowledge within either a full stack or back end development experience.
- A strong understanding of programming fundamentals such as OOP, inheritance, & composition.
- Good understanding of SOLID principles
- AWS experience e.g. API gateway & Lambda (Typescript / Node)
- Experience with Micro services architecture
- Experience working with caching strategies using Redis,
- Database experience with mongoDB, mySQL
- Good knowledge of the fundamentals of REST API design
- Good problem-solving and analytical abilities
- Familiarity with CI/CD piplelines
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Previous experience with Amazon AWS & Docker would be beneficial
Core language and platform skills:
- One of PHP / C# / Typescript
- MySQL, MongoDB
- RESTful design
- XML / SOAP
- CI/CD pipelines
AJ Bell is one of the fastest-growing investment platform businesses in the UK, with over 418,000 customers using our award-winning platform propositions to manage assets totalling more than £74.1 billion. Having listed on the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange in December 2018, AJ Bell is now a FTSE 250 company.
Headquartered in Manchester with an office in central London, we now have 900 employees and have been named one of the Sunday Times ‘100 Best Companies to Work For’ for three consecutive years.
There are opportunities for growth and professional development for members wanting to progress within their career including induction training and our study support scheme which is part of our benefits package.
At AJ Bell you can expect a friendly working environment with a strong sense of team work, we have a great sense of pride in what we do and this is reflected in our guiding principles.
There is an active programme of social events throughout the year, which are open to all employees.
- Regular remote working
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Buy as you earn share scheme
- Contributory pension
- Dedicated time for proof-of-concepts and assessing new tech
- Support to attend conferences, events, and meet-ups
- Pay-day drinks on our 7th floor roof terrace
- 24 days holiday increasing to 30 with length of service
- Holiday buy scheme
- Enhanced maternity and paternity
- Death in service cover
- Confidential 24/7 365 employee assistance helpline
- Free onsite gym and trainer led classes (yoga, Pilates, boxercise, circuits)
- Paid volunteering days
- Bike loan scheme
- Season ticket loan portal
- Plus, much more
This role is available under our hybrid working scheme. Ideally we're looking for people who are within commuting distance of one of our offices however for certain roles we can consider UK-based candidates who are further away - ask the recruitment team for more information. Please note, we are unable to provide employment sponsorship to candidates at this time.