Senior HR Data and IS Analyst
The Senior HR Data and IS Analyst leads the design and delivery of HR management information and reporting, which in turn supports our people planning and decision making across the business. The IS element of the role includes responsibility for the data held within the HR systems and databases, including maintaining the integrity of data, importing data, testing system updates/fixes as required, working closely with relevant business colleagues and 3rd party providers to implement changes. The job holder manages one direct report.
The main responsibilities are:
- Designing, developing and presenting MI reports and dashboards to meet internal customers’ requirements. You'll be able to analyse, interpret and talk to the data to explain patterns and trends to your key stakeholders, including senior management.
- Ensuring all monthly ‘Our People’ data reporting (KPIs, KRIs, etc.) is completed according to agreed deadlines, producing both regular and ad hoc reports as required.
- Creating and rolling out tools for managers (e.g. spreadsheets and online forms) for the company pay review and performance review/bonus processes.
- Complete system checks and maintenance according to agreed upgrading/fixes schedules, including assisting in the review, testing, and rollout of any changes, working with our Technology Services team as required.
- Supporting the bulk uploading, management and reporting of HR data such as performance objectives and performance review data within the Saba system and helping to produce pay review letters/statements and bonus letters.
- Identifying process and workflow improvements to the HR systems.
- Coaching/training end users to get the most out of the HR systems.
- Documenting procedures and user guidance.
- Liaising with 3rd party HR systems providers to trouble-shoot and resolve system data or process queries and implement system upgrades/fixes.
- Training and developing your report, including support for their apprenticeship programme.
- Setting objectives, holding 1-2-1s and performance review meetings.
- Providing regular and constructive feedback to aid development.
- Achieved a 2:1 or above in a mathematics or statistics related degree discipline.
- Proven experience working with data management/reporting tools such as PowerBI or Tableau at an advanced level; you'll also be a whizz with advanced Excel.
- Solid HR systems administration experience.
- Experience of team leading/supervising a small team.
Knowledge & Skills
- Customer focused; able to make the complex straightforward for end users.
- Effective communication skills (verbal, written and presentation skills) must be comfortable presenting to small and large groups, both internal and external.
- Strong organisational and time management skills.
- Excellent numeracy skills.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- People management, including recruitment, performance management and coaching skills.
- Action oriented and resourceful.
- Commercial awareness.
- Ability to work independently and to deadlines.
- Understanding and experience of working with SQL useful.
AJ Bell is one of the fastest-growing investment platform businesses in the UK, with over 418,000 customers using our award-winning platform propositions to manage assets totalling more than £74.1 billion. Having listed on the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange in December 2018, AJ Bell is now a FTSE 250 company.
Headquartered in Manchester with an office in central London, we now have over 1000 employees and have been named one of the Sunday Times ‘100 Best Companies to Work For’ for three consecutive years.
There are opportunities for growth and professional development for members wanting to progress within their career including induction training and our study support scheme which is part of our benefits package.
At AJ Bell you can expect a friendly working environment with a strong sense of team work, we have a great sense of pride in what we do and this is reflected in our guiding principles.
In return for your hard work you will be entitled to:
- Salary of up to £50K pa.
- Discretionary annual bonus.
- Contributory pension scheme.
- Generous holiday allowance increasing up to 30 days with service, plus bank holidays.
- Holiday buy/sell scheme.
- Buy as you earn share scheme.
- Paid study support for qualifications.
- Enhanced maternity/paternity scheme with length of service.
- Bike loan and Season ticket loan portal.
- Discounted PMI and Dental schemes.
- On-site gym and personal trainer led classes.
- Free social events.
- Plus much more.