DevOps Automation Engineer
We are looking for a DevOps Automation Engineer to drive forward DevOps as a fundamental feature of our delivery lifecycle, advising wherever required, on best practices.
It is important that you keep on top of the latest technology advancements and best practice in the DevOps space allowing you to influence our future architecture.
- An experienced DevOps, Automation or Infrastructure Engineer who can talk automation tools and techniques and be a sounding board for shaping DevOps at AJ Bell.
Knowledge & Skills
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines and git – build, test, and deploy in an automated pipeline or workflow
- Comfortable in an Agile product engineering environment
- Experience with Cloud technologies: AWS, Azure, Google Cloud
- Knowledge of Operating Systems
- Knowledge of programming languages – PowerShell, Bash, Groovy
- Knowledge of with containers creation and management
- Experience in infrastructure and deployment tools as Jenkins, AWS CloudFront
- Knowledge of source control, i.e. GitHub, Bitbucket
- Strong development knowledge within either a full stack or back end development experience.
- A strong understanding of programming fundamentals such as OOP, inheritance, & composition.
- Good understanding of SOLID principles
- AWS experience e.g. API gateway & Lambda (Typescript / Node)
- Experience with Micro services architecture
- Experience working with caching strategies using Redis,
- Database experience with mongoDB, mySQL
- Good knowledge of the fundamentals of REST API design
- Good problem-solving and analytical abilities
- Familiarity with CI/CD piplelines
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Previous experience with Amazon AWS & Docker would be beneficial
AJ Bell is one of the fastest-growing investment platform businesses in the UK, with over 418,000 customers using our award-winning platform propositions to manage assets totalling more than £74.1 billion. Having listed on the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange in December 2018, AJ Bell is now a FTSE 250 company.
Headquartered in Manchester with an office in central London, we now have 900 employees and have been named one of the Sunday Times ‘100 Best Companies to Work For’ for three consecutive years.
There are opportunities for growth and professional development for members wanting to progress within their career including induction training and our study support scheme which is part of our benefits package.
At AJ Bell you can expect a friendly working environment with a strong sense of team work, we have a great sense of pride in what we do and this is reflected in our guiding principles.
There is an active programme of social events throughout the year, which are open to all employees.
- Regular remote working
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Buy as you earn share scheme
- Contributory pension
- Dedicated time for proof-of-concepts and assessing new tech
- Support to attend conferences, events, and meet-ups
- Pay-day drinks on our 7th floor roof terrace
- 24 days holiday increasing to 30 with length of service
- Holiday buy scheme
- Enhanced maternity and paternity
- Death in service cover
- Confidential 24/7 365 employee assistance helpline
- Free onsite gym and trainer led classes (yoga, Pilates, boxercise, circuits)
- Paid volunteering days
- Bike loan scheme
- Season ticket loan portal
- Plus, much more
- This role provides formal cover for Mission and Business Critical systems and processes, and as such you may be required to work evenings, weekends and bank holidays to provide out of hours support for such systems and processes, as part of a rota. Employees who are scheduled to be on-call will receive a weekly standby allowance and will be paid for overtime worked during these periods.
This role is available under our hybrid working scheme. Ideally we're looking for people who are within commuting distance of one of our offices however for certain roles we can consider UK-based candidates who are further away - ask the recruitment team for more information. Please note, we are unable to provide employment sponsorship to candidates at this time.