Senior Front-end Developer
We are currently expanding within our tech department and currently recruiting a Senior Front-end Developer. This role can be remote from the UK as occassinal travel to our Manchester office will be required.
What you can expect:
- Agile methodologies and a passion for continuous improvement and building a high-performance engineering team
- To guide and mentor the team to design and deliver high quality products
- Consider architectural and non-functional requirements and work with the team to deliver
- At AJ Bell we pair, and you, in most cases will pair with other people
Competence, Knowledge and Skills
- Expertise in building modular and reusable components and libraries for frontend Single Page Applications with Angular/React/VueJs - Essential
- Experience with structuring and writing unit tests
- Experience with material UI
- Knowledge of general frontend tooling (particularly Nodejs and npm)
- Experience and interest in RxJS
- Awareness of common frontend styling paradigms (eg: CSS modules, CSS in JS)
- Experience with setting up and writing end to end tests using Cypress, Nightwatch or TestCafe
- Practical experience of solving inconsistency across multiple platforms, e.g. IE6/7/8, FireFox and Safari on Windows or Mac;
- An interest in scalable code using methodologies such as BEM and micro front-ends
- Awareness of AWS, CI/CD.
- Understand principles behind highly performing web pages
- Good knowledge of Web APIs
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Very motivated with high levels of drive and enthusiasm
- E-commerce and/or financial services experience
AJ Bell is one of the fastest-growing investment platform businesses in the UK, with over 418,000 customers using our award-winning platform propositions to manage assets totalling more than £74.1 billion. Having listed on the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange in December 2018, AJ Bell is now a FTSE 250 company.
Headquartered in Manchester with an office in central London, we now have 900 employees and have been named one of the Sunday Times ‘100 Best Companies to Work For’ for three consecutive years.
There are opportunities for growth and professional development for members wanting to progress within their career including induction training and our study support scheme which is part of our benefits package.
Our EQ4 office design is centred on delivering agile and collaborative working spaces that enable us to deliver a first class service to our customers, but remote working continues to be a large part of our work life and will continue to be post-covid.
At AJ Bell you can expect a friendly working environment with a strong sense of team work, we have a great sense of pride in what we do and this is reflected in our guiding principles.
There is an active programme of social events throughout the year, which are open to all employees.
- Remote working
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Buy as you earn share scheme
- Contributory pension
- Dedicated time for proof-of-concepts and assessing new tech
- Support to attend conferences, events, and meet-ups
- Pay-day drinks on our 7th floor roof terrace
- 24 days holiday increasing to 30 with length of service
- Holiday buy scheme
- Enhanced maternity and paternity
- Death in service cover
- Confidential 24/7 365 employee assistance helpline
- Free onsite gym and trainer led classes (yoga, Pilates, boxercise, circuits)
- Paid volunteering days
- Bike loan scheme
- Season ticket loan portal
- Plus, much more
This role provides formal cover for Mission and Business Critical systems and processes, and as such you may be required to work evenings, weekends and bank holidays to provide out of hours support for such systems and processes, as part of a rota. Employees who are scheduled to be on-call will receive a weekly standby allowance and will be paid for overtime worked during these periods.
This role is available under our hybrid working scheme. Ideally we're looking for people who are within commuting distance of one of our offices however for certain roles we can consider UK-based candidates who are further away - ask the recruitment team for more information. Please note, we are unable to provide employment sponsorship to candidates at this time.