IT Service Desk Analyst
We are now looking for a Service Desk Analyst to join our Technology Services Department in Manchester. Reporting into the Service Delivery Team Leader, you will be responsible for ensuring that incidents and service requests are resolved within SLA and act as the first point of escalation and support for IT queries. This is a very technical Service Desk and the successful candidate will gain experience and knowledge of a very wide range of technologies. As such, this role could be suitable for those with experience on a Service Desk who are looking to increase their technical experience, or those looking to start in IT that have strong evidence of technical and analytical skills gained through education.
- Logging calls via telephone and gathering sufficient details for resolution by the relevant person.
- Classify calls to the service desk on arrival via email.
- Perform troubleshooting with end users via email, telephone and in person.
- Take ownership of technical problems and see through to resolution, even when passed to third parties.
- Help to plan and execute desk moves.
- Install software on new PC’s and Laptops.
- Setup mobile devices to users, e.g. Android, iPhone, iPads.
- Maintain and update working documents such as mobile phone lists, and asset registers.
- Strong customer focus, demonstrated through an excellent telephone manner and the way in which problems / issues are handled and resolved.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills, evidenced via previous work experience or technical / scientific qualifications.
- Ability to work and communicate with people at all levels.
- Administration of systems including troubleshooting of MS Active Directory, MS Exchange, Cisco Call Manager, VMWare vSphere and Horizon View Client
- Knowledge and experience of Windows 10, Windows Server
- Ability to set up and configure PCs and Laptops.
- Experience of Microsoft Office applications.
- An active knowledge of information technology, and a passion for keeping up to date with the latest technologies. Desire to learn new skills and progress professionally.
- Positive approach to new problems.
- Flexible and adaptable.
- Ability to work under own initiative as well as part of a team.
AJ Bell is one of the fastest-growing investment platform businesses in the UK, with over 418,000 customers using our award-winning platform propositions to manage assets totalling more than £74.1 billion. Having listed on the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange in December 2018, AJ Bell is now a FTSE 250 company.
Headquartered in Manchester with an office in central London, we now have 900 employees and have been named one of the Sunday Times ‘100 Best Companies to Work For’ for three consecutive years.
In return for your hard work you will be entitled to:
- Up to £26,000 (dependent on experience)
- 24 days holiday increasing up to 30 days with service, plus bank holidays
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Contributory pension scheme
- Paid study support for qualifications
- Enhanced maternity/paternity scheme with length of service
- Bike loan
- Season ticket loan portal
- Discounted PMI and Dental
- Free gym
- Holiday buy/sell scheme
- Free social events
- Plus much more