We are recruiting an Integration Developer to modernise our integration architecture.
As an Integration Developer, you will implement new and innovative technical solutions to stream data from different sources to different destinations; this includes APIs, relational databases, NoSQL databases and others.
You will join the Enterprise Architecture team, working alongside another Integration Developer, Architects, agile development teams and Data Engineers to modernise our integration approaches.
What does the job involve?
- Working with Architects and data specialists to design integration solutions that allow us to decouple components of our architecture.
- Developing and implementing those solutions through to production, iteratively replacing legacy solutions.
- Training, advising, and mentoring other developers so agile teams can build out integration solutions independently.
- Continuously refine and improve our integration solutions.
- Developing services and APIs in either C# or Java with techniques such as domain-driven design.
- Strong knowledge of relational databases (e.g. MySQL, MS SQL or PostgreSQL) and NoSQL databases (e.g. MongoDB).
- Good knowledge of message queuing technology (e.g. RabbitMQ, AmazonMQ).
- Secure development practices.
- Using a git-based source control system.
- Knowledge of CI automation systems such as Jenkins
- Working with an integration technology (e.g. Tibco, WS02, Mulesoft, Boomi).
- Streaming (e.g. Kafka) and change data capture (CDC).
- Docker and container orchestration tools.
- Integration design patterns.
- Test-driven development (TDD).
- AWS cloud infrastructure.
Competence, knowledge, and skills
- Experience working in an Agile and DevOps environment.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
- Planning, organisation, and time management skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Educated to degree level.
- Relevant AWS certifications.
- Previous experience working in e-commerce and/or financial services.
AJ Bell is one of the fastest-growing investment platform businesses in the UK, with over 418,000 customers using our award-winning platform propositions to manage assets totalling more than £74.1 billion. Having listed on the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange in December 2018, AJ Bell is now a FTSE 250 company.
Headquartered in Manchester with an office in central London, we now have over 1000 employees and have been named one of the Sunday Times ‘100 Best Companies to Work For’ for three consecutive years.
- Regular remote working from home
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Buy as you earn share scheme
- Contributory pension
- Pay-day drinks on our 7th-floor roof terrace
- 24 days holiday increasing to 30 with length of service
- Holiday buy scheme
- Enhanced maternity and paternity
- Death in service cover
- Confidential 24/7 365 employee assistance helpline
- Free onsite gym and trainer-led classes (yoga, Pilates, boxercise, circuits)
- Paid volunteering days
- Bike loan scheme
- Season ticket loan portal
- Plus, much more