Head of Internal Audit SMF5
As part of our overall assurance strategy, AJ Bell is establishing a new, co-sourced Internal Audit function. We’re now recruiting for a Head of Internal Audit to set up, lead and grow the function. Reporting to the Chair of the Audit Committee, the Head of Internal Audit will drive the internal audit strategy and deliver the internal audit plan through a combined approach of assurance and consulting, aligned to AJ Bell’s strategic plans and objectives. The expectation is that the Head of Internal Audit will hold the SMF5 registration under the FCA’s Senior Managers and Certification Regime, for AJ Bell’s three regulated entities.
The successful candidate may be someone who is already operating at Head of Internal Audit level. Don’t be deterred from applying if you’re currently a senior audit manager looking for your next career move. The Head of Internal Audit is a ‘hands on’ role and will require a balance between strategy, senior stakeholder management, managing the external audit firm(s), team leadership/management as well as getting involved with audits and reporting where needed.
What we're looking for:
- Significant professional experience in an audit role at senior management level, gained within a regulated financial services environment.
- Prior experience performing the SMF5 function is desirable but not essential.
- Professional experience and good working knowledge of at least one of the following regulated functions:
- 1) Pensions management
- 2) Securities/stockbroking and/or
- 3) Investment management.
- Relevant professional qualifications/accreditations, e.g. ACA/ACCA/IIA/CFA/FRM.
- Experience of working closely with Audit Committees and Boards.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of UK regulated financial services and FCA requirements.
- Effective people skills to lead, manage and develop an Internal Audit team.
- Able to develop strong relationships with management and other stakeholders at all levels.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Action-orientation; a strong focus on getting things done.
AJ Bell is one of the fastest-growing investment platform businesses in the UK, with over 418,000 customers using our award-winning platform propositions to manage assets totalling more than £74.1 billion. Having listed on the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange in December 2018, AJ Bell is now a FTSE 250 company. Headquartered in Manchester with offices in Central London and Bristol, we now have more than 900 employees and have been listed as one of the Best Companies ‘Top 100 Companies to Work For’ for four consecutive years.
AJ Bell is built on a set of guiding principles that define the way we do business. These principles inform everything we do, creating a culture in which we strive to think like our customers, make investing easier and lead our markets.
In return you can expect:
- Competitive salary, to reflect experience
- Discretionary annual bonus scheme
- Hybrid working
- 27 days holiday increasing up to 30 days with service, plus bank holidays
- Buy As You Earn share scheme
- Contributory pension scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Holiday buy/sell scheme
- On-site parking
- Enhanced maternity/paternity scheme
- Free gym and classes
- Plus much more.