Business Development Support
Customer Service is at the heart of each and every role at AJ Bell, and for AJ Bell Investcentre this starts with the Business Development department. For all new firms and individual financial advisers, you are the first experience and voice of AJ Bell from day one of the relationship. Naturally inquisitive, you will build a relationship with varying stakeholders within adviser firm practices to understand their business model and how they service their clients. Using in-depth product knowledge generated through dedicated personal training plans and communicating in a personable and confident way, you will present the relevant features and benefits of our platform and products to find common goals between the client requirements, adviser firm practices and AJ Bell. Success is measured In terms of outcomes, it is just as important we explain why AJ Bell may not fit for advisers and clients as it is that we form a successful relationship.
Your training will result in you becoming an expert in AJ Bell Investcentre’s products and functionality as well as being provided with study support to develop your wider industry knowledge. Once you are confident in the role and demonstrated your abilities, career progression comes in many different ways. Progression through a BDS role and possibly into Team Leader and Management positions in future, perhaps you want to explore an enhanced customer service and Business Development experience and may suit a Key Account role. If you enjoy and demonstrate both a lead generating and sales ability then a career through the Business Development Consultant and Manager route is a possibility where you will take on more responsibility for securing new business. Whichever route suits you, long term career progression is available through the BDS role.
Here's what the BDS role includes:
- Primary responsibility is lead generation
- Follow up internal and external leads such as registrations, applications, new branches, transfer out, webinar/seminars and conference attendees
- Develop thorough understanding of adviser firm businesses and identify opportunities to explore further
- Referrals to BDM/BDC and arrange meetings as part of the lead generation work
- Opportunity to develop sales skills and close opportunities to enhance progression potential
- Develop thorough knowledge of the Investcentre platform and our investment solutions
- Assist onboarding new firms to Investcentre when necessary including demonstrations and training sessions
- Collaborative working and knowledge sharing within regional team and whole department
- Support regional Key Account Team as and when required
Who would suit a BDS role and future career in Business Development:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and experience proactively building and maintaining customer relationships
- An outgoing personality and a desire to work proactively
- A desire to further your skills and knowledge by working towards professional qualifications, in particular relating to investments
- A track record of meeting deadlines and be well organised
- A genuine interest and enthusiasm for the role and developing a career in Business Development
AJ Bell is one of the fastest-growing investment platform businesses in the UK, with over 418,000 customers using our award-winning platform propositions to manage assets totalling more than £74.1 billion. Having listed on the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange in December 2018, AJ Bell is now a FTSE 250 company.
Headquartered in Manchester with an office in central London, we now have over 1000 employees and have been named one of the Sunday Times ‘100 Best Companies to Work For’ for three consecutive years.
Interested? Here’s what you can expect in return:
- 24 days holiday increasing up to 30 days with service, plus bank holidays
- Holiday buy scheme
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Contributory pension scheme
- Paid study support for qualifications
- Bike loan
- Season ticket loan portal
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Free gym
- Free social events
- Plus much more