Financial Control Manager
We are looking for an ambitious, self-starter to join our high performing team as a Financial Control Manager. Reporting to the Head of Financial Control, you will have an integral role in shaping the Group’s processes, policies and reporting of controls as a growing and ambitious FTSE 250 business.
You will be responsible for supporting the Head of Financial Control in the development of the Group’s financial control framework and the on-going monitoring of the financial control environment.
This is a great opportunity for someone who is driven, technically strong and embraces challenges looking for a fast-paced environment in which to enhance the Group’s internal financial control framework.
- Assist the Head of Financial Control in the development and on-going monitoring of the Group’s financial control framework.
- Maintain up-to-date documentation of end-to-end processes, identifying key controls within each process.
- Design, document and implement internal controls.
- Design and perform testing to regularly monitor the design and operating effectiveness of internal financial controls.
- Evaluate any deficiencies reported in the design and operating effectiveness of financial controls and monitor remediation plans.
- Provide guidance and advice to control owners for remediation of internal financial controls where necessary.
- Assist in the research and implementation of new regulatory requirements e.g. a UK SOX-style controls environment.
- Provide support, advice and education to the business on the impact of new regulatory requirements.
- Assisting the Head of Financial Control in the preparation of control assessment findings and recommendations for Executive and Board Committees.
- Work closely with internal and external audit teams.
- Work with Finance and Operations teams to ensure any new acquisitions are embedded into the control framework.
- Qualified accountant (ACCA/ACA with at least 2 years PQE)
- Experience of drafting policies and procedures
- Experience of designing, implementing and/or testing financial controls or processes desirable
Knowledge & Skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Planning, organisation and time management skill with ability to prioritise
- Ability to work to tight reporting deadlines
- Strong technical skills
- Logical mindset; able to solve problems
- Disciplined, methodical and rigorous combining ‘eye for detail’ with ability to understand wider context
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Flexible and highly motivated
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft Excel
AJ Bell is one of the largest providers of online investment platforms and stockbroker services in the UK, with assets under administration exceeding £72.8 billion and more than 382,000 clients. Our award-winning propositions include AJ Bell Youinvest and AJ Bell Investcentre. We have our head office in Manchester, as well as offices in Bristol and London.
There are opportunities for growth and professional development for members wanting to progress within their career including induction training and our management development programme which is part of our benefits package.
At AJ Bell you can expect a friendly working environment with a strong sense of team work, we have a great sense of pride in what we do and this is reflected in our strong guiding principles.
Our EQ4 office design is centred on delivering agile and collaborative working spaces that enable us to deliver a first class service to our customers. As well as state-of-the-art work areas, the office also has its own gym, relaxed break-out zones, a roof terrace, a dining area and a lounge which transforms into a bar for staff once a month.
There is an active programme of social events throughout the year which are open to all employees.
In return for your hard work you will be entitled to:
- Competitive salary (dependent on experience)
- 26 days holiday, increasing up to 30 days with service, plus bank holidays
- Holiday buy scheme
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Contributory pension scheme
- Enhanced maternity/paternity scheme
- Bike loan and Season ticket loan portal
- Discounted PMI and Dental
- Free gym
- Free social events
- Plus much more