IT Application Support Analyst
An opportunity has arisen for an IT Application Support Analyst role. Reporting into the IT Application Support Team Leader, the successful candidate will be responsible for the resolution of system incidents reported via the Service Desk. They will be required to perform investigations into live issues and to ensure that systems remain fully functional. The role would suit someone who thrives off investigating and analysing incidents, providing resolutions and proactive support.
AJ Bell is a fast-moving company, and the Technology Services department is delivering a varied and rapid programme of change. As such, this role will be hands on and could suit someone who is looking to move into a more technical role.
The key responsibilities of the role are:
- Incident resolution (including Major Incidents) of requests adhering to agreed SLAs
- Ownership of technical problems and see through to resolution, even when passed to third parties.
- Root cause analysis
- Monitoring and capacity management
- Involvement in Service Improvement initiatives
- Documentation of procedures & policies
- On-call support once appropriately trained
- Out of hours support as required by the business
Essential skills and experience:
- Knowledge of Ad Tempus or other batch processing software
- Strong SQL skills
- Experience working within a Change and Release framework
- Methodical approach to troubleshooting
- Experience with Windows Server administration
Desirable skills and experience:
- Technical IT certification
- ITIL Certified
- Knowledge of Tibco or other workflow systems
- Knowledge and/or experience of working in an Agile environment
- Financial Services experience
Behaviours and Competencies
- Credible and professional
- Able to challenge appropriately and present solutions
- Self-starting and able to work on own initiative
- A high attention to detail
- Ambitious and driven to exceed expectations
- An analytical mind-set and technical ability
AJ Bell is one of the fastest-growing investment platform businesses in the UK, with over 418,000 customers using our award-winning platform propositions to manage assets totalling more than £74.1 billion. Having listed on the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange in December 2018, AJ Bell is now a FTSE 250 company.
Headquartered in Manchester with an office in central London, we now have 900 employees and have been named one of the Sundays Times ‘100 Best Companies to Work For’ for three consecutive years.
There are opportunities for growth and professional development for members wanting to progress within their career including induction training and our study support scheme which is part of our benefits package.
At AJ Bell you can expect a friendly working environment with a strong sense of teamwork, we have a great sense of pride in what we do and this is reflected in our guiding principles.
- Discretionary bi-annual bonus scheme
- Buy as you earn share scheme
- Contributory pension
- Pay-day drinks on our 7th floor roof terrace
- 24 days holiday increasing to 30 with length of service
- Holiday buy scheme
- Enhanced maternity and paternity with length of service
- Death in service cover
- Confidential 24/7 365 employee assistance helpline
- Free onsite gym and trainer led classes (yoga, Pilates, boxercise, circuits)
- Paid volunteering days
- Bike loan scheme
- Season ticket loan portal
- Plus, much more
This role provides formal cover for Mission and Business Critical systems and processes, and as such you may be required to work evenings, weekends and bank holidays to provide out of hours support for such systems and processes, as part of a rota. Employees who are scheduled to be on-call will receive a weekly standby allowance and will be paid for overtime worked during these periods.
This role is available under our hybrid working scheme. Ideally we're looking for people who are within commuting distance of one of our offices however for certain roles we can consider UK-based candidates who are further away - ask the recruitment team for more information. Please note, we are unable to provide employment sponsorship to candidates at this time.