The Project Manager is responsible for the timely and effective delivery of business-related projects and change, in support of AJ Bell’s strategic objectives. The role is for an experienced Project Manager to deliver projects and change through the entire delivery life cycle; from inception through to go-live and post implementation. Change is predominantly business-led with an emphasis on financial regulation therefore experience of financially regulated environment is essential. Deliverables must meet the key requirements of Proposition, Service and Price at the heart of The AJ Bell Way and in line with the guiding principles.
What does the job involve?
- Manage the delivery of multiple projects and changes, often with a strong emphasis on financial regulation or operational process and systems
- Delivery of complex business-led change, across multiple sites and functions, mixing internal Agile development with 3rd party supplier development and process-driven change
- Establish and maintain effective and trusted relationships with internal Business and IT project stakeholders and external 3rd party suppliers
- Co-ordinate and drive collaboration of project and change resources to get the best from stakeholders
- Production and agreement of project and change scope and optimised delivery plans and responsibility for leading and managing teams to these plans
- Regular reporting on delivery status to sponsors, stakeholders and executive management board
- Identification and management of risks, issues, and dependencies, plus assessment of consumer outcome risks posed by the change
- Produce and monitor resource forecasts and budgets and, where change to the terms of reference is required, follow appropriate change control
- Mentoring of junior project managers and new team members
Competence, knowledge, and skills
- Ability to quickly understand technical and business topics
- Use of sound judgement to determine when it is necessary to escalate through established escalation channels in a timely manner
- Experience of delivering in a financially regulated environment
- Pragmatic approach to delivery of projects and change
- PRINCE2 Foundation and Practitioner certification or equivalent e.g. PMP.
Knowledge & skills
- Experience of multiple project delivery methodologies e.g. Agile, SDLC, SAFe
- Experience of delivering in a financially regulated environment desirable
- Financial services industry knowledge, e.g. pensions, investments and stockbroking, would be desirable
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to build and manage effective relationships
- Good business/commercial knowledge
- Analytical skills/problem solving
- Planning and organisational skills
- High attention to detail
AJ Bell is one of the fastest-growing investment platform businesses in the UK, with over 418,000 customers using our award-winning platform propositions to manage assets totalling more than £74.1 billion. Having listed on the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange in December 2018, AJ Bell is now a FTSE 250 company.
Headquartered in Manchester with an office in central London, we now have 900 employees and have been named one of the Sunday Times ‘100 Best Companies to Work For’ for three consecutive years.
There are opportunities for growth and professional development for members wanting to progress within their career including induction training and our study support scheme which is part of our benefits package.
At AJ Bell you can expect a friendly working environment with a strong sense of team work, we have a great sense of pride in what we do and this is reflected in our guiding principles.
There is an active programme of social events throughout the year, which are open to all employees.
This role can be based from either of our Manchester or London offices.
- Regular remote working from home
- Buy as you earn share scheme
- Contributory pension
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Pay-day drinks
- 26 days holiday pro-rated for length of contract
- Holiday buy scheme
- Death in service cover
- Reduced cost PMI & Dental
- Confidential 24/7 365 employee assistance helpline
- Paid volunteering days
- Free social events
- Plus, much more