We're looking for an experienced HR Manager/HR Business Partner to provide maternity cover for a period of 12 months from August 2022.
You'll be responsible for managing the HR team to deliver a wide range of HR services and support, primarily to Manchester-based employees but also for the wider group as required. This role is operational and focuses on:
- Employee relations;
- Performance and talent management;
- Payroll and general administration (including background checks and references, processing starters and leavers, etc.);
- Benefits administration; and
- Employee wellbeing and safeguarding
Hybrid working is available; the role and team are based in Manchester.
- Current (or very recent) HR Manager/HR Business Partner experience in a generalist role;
- A CIPD qualification at Level 5 or above; and
- Experience of managing a team.
- Experience gained in a regulated environment, e.g. financial services, professional services, etc.
- Safeguarding experience.
- Mental health first aider.
Knowledge and skills
- Current employment law and HR best practice;
- Developing and implementing HR policies, procedures and handbooks;
- Employee engagement and wellbeing;
- Performance management and appraisal processes;
- Talent management;
- Payroll processing; and
- Recruitment and selection.
AJ Bell is one of the fastest-growing investment platform businesses in the UK, with over 418,000 customers using our award-winning platform propositions to manage assets totalling more than £74.1 billion. Having listed on the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange in December 2018, AJ Bell is now a FTSE 250 company.
Headquartered in Manchester with an office in central London, we now have over 1000 employees and have been named one of the Sunday Times ‘100 Best Companies to Work For’ for three consecutive years. There are opportunities for growth and professional development for staff wanting to progress their career, starting with the induction training.
At AJ Bell you can expect a friendly working environment with a strong sense of team work, we have a great sense of pride in what we do and this is reflected in our guiding principles.
In return for your hard work you will be entitled to:
- Salary of up to £48K pa.
- Discretionary annual bonus.
- Contributory pension scheme.
- 26 days holiday (plus bank holidays).
- Hybrid working.
- Holiday buy/sell scheme.
- Buy as you earn share scheme.
- Paid study support for qualifications.
- Bike loan and Season ticket loans.
- Discounted PMI and Dental schemes.
- On-site gym and personal trainer led classes.
- Free social events.
- Plus much more.