As a Web Analyst, you will be the primary point of contact for web and marketing data within the Manchester Marketing Team (covering the AJ Bell, AJ Bell Investcentre and AJ Bell Platinum websites). This role has a broad range of responsibilities including the reporting of key KPIs to senior stakeholders, supporting the wider team in the investigation of issues and proactively looking for new ways to drive value from available data. You will support the team with dashboards, analysis and insights, and also be responsible for ensuring that their data is as accurate and comprehensive as possible.
You will work closely with the Marketing Manager, and alongside the current Marketing Team, to ensure that new business developments and targets are met.
What does the job involve?
The key responsibilities of the role are as follows:
- Being the SME on Google Analytics, GA4, GTM and Google Data Studio tools
- Production of monthly and ad-hoc user website behaviour reports and analysis with relevant insights.
- Presenting data insights in such a way that these can be used for business and product decision making, providing data-informed recommendations.
- Managing the process to improve user insight across different channels and segments, and measuring success.
- Confirming KPIs and metrics that report strategy performance and support business objectives.
- Working closely with digital stakeholders to understand their analysis and insight requirements, continually evolving the offering.
- Working with agency partners, IT and data teams to enhance reporting and performance measurement; conducting detailed analysis when required.
- Debugging, prioritising and escalating analytics defects to ensure they capture and track the right data, in the right place, and at the right time.
- Driving and championing the use of digital data and the importance of online measurement and performance optimisation within the Marketing Team and wider business, including assisting in workshops and presentations.
- Managing, segmenting and mining data extracted from third party tools to support CRM and email campaigns based on behaviour and user trends.
- Ensuring compliance with best business practice.
- Having a proactive, self-starting attitude.
- Exploring, adopting, and embedding the latest trends, technologies, and methodologies to support future website initiatives.
- Proven commercial experience with Google Analytics especially GTM, GA4 and Google Data Studio.
- Ability to effectively communicate data in simple terms to facilitate easy collaboration with multiple stakeholders at different levels.
- Previous experience working with cross-functional teams and an understanding of the data intricacies this requires.
- Be an Excel super user, you should be comfortable to the point you can upskill your colleagues if required.
- Knowledge of A/B testing processes, in particular their uses within user funnels.
- Understanding of common web and marketing analytics best practices.
- Knowledge of social media platforms and integration.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- High attention to detail.
- Knowledge of mobile app analytics advantageous.
AJ Bell is one of the fastest-growing investment platform businesses in the UK, with over 418,000 customers using our award-winning platform propositions to manage assets totalling more than £74.1 billion. Having listed on the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange in December 2018, AJ Bell is now a FTSE 250 company.
Headquartered in Manchester with an office in central London, we now have over 1000 employees and have been named one of the Sunday Times ‘100 Best Companies to Work For’ for three consecutive years.
In return you can expect:
- Competitive Salary
- A full training programme and study support
- Excellent career opportunities
- 24 days holiday increasing to 30 days with length of service, plus bank holidays
- Discretionary 6-monthly bonus
- Contributory pension scheme
- Holiday buy/sell scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Free social events including monthly pay-day Friday drinks
- Free gym and classes
- Volunteering days
- + much, much more!