Learning & Development Administrator
AJ Bell is growing all the time, and so is its reputation and therefore it is essential that our L&D activities are proactive and supportive of the changing needs of our people and our business.
AJ Bell deliver an extensive catalogue of face to face, virtual and e-learning training which ensures and encourages personal development in a wide variety of areas from leadership development, to compliance to technical skills training. The LMS Administrator will facilitate staff access to this catalogue of training which is held within the Learning Management System (LMS). The LMS administrator will work closely with the L&D Delivery Team, Apprentice Team and other key areas of the business to facilitate this access.
The LMS Administrator will ensure that the LMS catalogue is maintained and demand for classes and courses is met. The LMS Administrator will also be responsible for maintaining the Learning and Development internal intranet page.
The LMS administrator will work closely with our e-learning coordinator to build new courses and maintain delivery of recurring training courses and with the Digital and Technical Team Leader to build new learning pathways, maintain CPD records and update and maintain our apprenticeship learning system.
What does the job involve?
The key responsibilities of the role are as follows:
- Perform daily LMS administration tasks, including building and maintaining virtual, face to face and e-learning courses and classes
- Manage the waitlist and liaising with the learning instructors around the business.
- Integrate the LMS with external tools and vendors
- Building and maintaining the company CPD record keeping processes.
- Build and maintain the content on the company intranet page for the Learning & Development department.
- Plan and build learning plans on the LMS
- Develop, document and maintain standard LMS processes
- Fully understand the LMS capabilities and stay on top of new updates and functionality keeping the team informed.
- Provide first line support to users
- Prepare and manage reports as requested.
Competence, knowledge, and skills
- Strong I.T. skills in Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Experience working with an LMS, ideally SABA would be an advantage but not essential
- Experience working with SCORM would be an advantage but not essential
- Experience working with elearning authoring tools (Articulate, Vyond) would be an advantage but not essential
- Experience working with data and reports.
- Fast paced learner eager to expand knowledge within the LMS framework.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Positive attitude.
- Energetic, resilient, committed and self-motivated.
- Personable and happy to help face to face, over the phone and online.
- Ability to plan and organise effectively, good time management.
- Self-learner; keeps knowledge and skills up to date, understands current L&D trends
AJ Bell is one of the fastest-growing investment platform businesses in the UK, with over 418,000 customers using our award-winning platform propositions to manage assets totalling more than £74.1 billion. Having listed on the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange in December 2018, AJ Bell is now a FTSE 250 company.
Headquartered in Manchester with an office in central London, we now have over 1000 employees and have been named one of the Sunday Times ‘100 Best Companies to Work For’ for three consecutive years.
What you can expect in return:
- 24 days holiday increasing up to 30 days with service, plus bank holidays
- Holiday buy scheme
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Contributory pension scheme
- Paid study support for qualifications
- Enhanced maternity/paternity scheme
- Bike loan
- Season ticket loan portal
- Discounted PMI and Dental
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Free gym
- Free social events
- Plus much more