Company Secretarial Assistant
We are now recruiting a Company Secretarial Assistant to support the Company Secretary in providing high quality advice and specialist support across a broad range of company secretarial tasks and activities, in particular in relation to the smooth running, administration and effectiveness of AJ Bell plc’s Board and Executive Committee and their respective sub-committees (AJ Bell Committee). As the role involves exposure to highly confidential and sensitive information, a high degree of discretion is required, as confidentiality is imperative.
What does the job involve?
- Supporting the day-to-day administration of the Company Secretarial function including:
- Preparing agendas for the AJ Bell Committees and supporting the preparation of electronic meeting packs and management information
- Preparing annual agendas for the AJ Bell Committees in collaboration with the relevant chairs and the Company Secretary
- Attending AJ Bell Committee meetings
- Drafting detailed minutes of AJ Bell Committee meetings, capturing points discussed and including resolutions and actions arising
- Monitoring and reporting on the completion of actions arising from AJ Bell Committee meetings, including annual effectiveness review actions
- Arranging AJ Bell Committee meeting dates at least two years ahead, in collaboration with the Company Secretary and other relevant internal stakeholders
- Proactively engaging with key reminders of activities coming up and what to prepare for in line with annual worklists for the AJ Bell Committees, and liaising with the authors of papers to ensure they are submitted on time and in the correct format
- Providing support for:
- the Company Secretary on various matters, including corporate projects, one-off research into key questions/requirements, the induction of new Board and Executive Committee members and provision of Board and Executive Committee training
- the HR team in relation to the administration of the AJ Bell group’s share option and incentive schemes.
- the Compliance and HR teams as required to ensure the AJ Bell group meets its responsibilities under the Senior Managers and Certification Regime
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders, including the Sponsor and Registrar, as required
- Supporting the maintenance of statutory registers and records for all AJ Bell plc group entities, and the preparation and filing of all Companies House forms, including change in officers, change in share capital, filing of all the Annual Accounts and the Confirmation Statements for all UK companies.
- the provision of advice to AJ Bell Committees on their governance, legal and regulatory obligations to ensure compliance with all relevant requirements
- compliance with MAR and listing rules, including the maintenance of AJ Bell plc’s share dealing code and insider lists, and the drafting and issue of standard Stock Exchange announcements, e.g. directors’ dealings, block listing, directorate changes.
- the drafting of the Annual Report and Accounts, other shareholder circulars and accompanying documentation, including the drafting of the Corporate Governance Report in liaison with the Financial Reporting team and others.
- the production of the Notice of Annual General Meeting (AGM) and all associated documentation, and assisting with the organisation of the AGM itself
- the management of the Registrar
- the maintenance of internal corporate governance policies (e.g. Board sub-committee terms of reference,) and the governance section of the Company’s website.
- In relation to the Govenda board portal software for dissemination of Board and Committee materials:
- arranging for Board, Executive Committee and sub-committee meeting packs to be uploaded to Govenda for distribution, as required.
- acting as chief point of contact for queries regarding the Govenda board portal software.
- ensuring Govenda licence costs and billing are correct and within contract and budget parameters, if required.
- maintaining Govenda internal processes and trouble-shooting software issues in conjunction with the TS service desk and Personal Assistants.
- coordinating and assisting with set up and installation of Govenda for Board, Executive Committee and sub-committee members and others, as required, liaising with TS service desk and Personal Assistants where required.
What we're looking for:
- Qualified or part-qualified ICSA Foundation Program qualification or degree
- Significant experience in a company secretarial or governance professional related role (e.g. 5 years +)
- Financial services and a listed company environment experience advantageous
- Company Secretarial administration, including Board processes and routines, drafting detailed minutes and preparing agendas
- Basic understanding of company law, corporate governance and corporate governance related issues
- Excellent attention to detail
- Writes clearly and concisely
- Ability to prioritise work (help others do the same) and work well under pressure
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Integrity and discretion when handling confidential information
AJ Bell is one of the fastest-growing investment platform businesses in the UK, with over 432,000 customers using our award-winning platform propositions to manage assets totalling more than £68.7 billion. Having listed on the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange in December 2018, AJ Bell is now a FTSE 250 company.
Headquartered in Manchester with an office in central London, we now have over 1000 employees and have been named one of the Sunday Times ‘100 Best Companies to Work For’ for three consecutive years.
There are opportunities for growth and professional development for members wanting to progress within their career including induction training and our study support scheme which is part of our benefits package.
At AJ Bell you can expect a friendly working environment with a strong sense of team work, we have a great sense of pride in what we do and this is reflected in our guiding principles.
In return for your hard work you will be entitled to:
- Competitive starting salary
- Generous holiday allowance increasing up to 30 days with service, plus bank holidays
- Holiday buy/sell scheme
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Contributory pension scheme
- Buy as you earn share scheme
- Paid study support for qualifications
- Enhanced maternity/paternity scheme with length of service
- Bike loan and Season ticket loan portal
- Discounted PMI and Dental
- On-site gym and personal trainer led classes
- Free social events
- Plus much more