Due to growth within the team we are looking for additional Infrastructure Engineers.
Reporting into the Infrastructure Manager, we are specifically looking for additional engineers to focus on delivery of a diverse portfolio of IT Security focused initiatives across the entire infrastructure stack. Therefore, this role may additionally benefit someone who has a particular interest in developing their knowledge and experience in IT Security systems and processes as well as Infrastructure.
The Infrastructure Engineer is responsible for:
- Design, delivery, support and maintenance of AJ Bell Infrastructure across multiple sites in the UK.
- Documenting, maintaining and supporting the infrastructure and supporting others in Infrastructure and Technology Services to do the same.
- Designs, plans and delivers infrastructure changes, prioritising and delivering their own tasks as well as coordinating others in the team and in other teams to ensure successful delivery of changes and releases.
- Ensuring the operational resilience of hardware and applications by applying appropriate maintenance, monitoring and cyber security standards.
What does the job involve?
The key responsibilities of the role are as follows:
- Design and deliver infrastructure projects and IT Security projects with a requirement for Infrastructure expertise.
- Design and deliver infrastructure solutions for change projects and product releases.
- Deliver infrastructure changes, updates and upgrades.
- Share knowledge of changes, projects and releases with the Infrastructure team through training and documentation
- Liaise with other Technology teams to ensure that infrastructure projects or changes are delivered in the optimum manner and consider other business initiatives.
- Maintain infrastructure to maximise systems availability.
- Maintain the ITDR solution and carry out regular tests for the recovery of the systems.
- Monitor the health of the infrastructure to identify and predict any service impact and respond to the monitoring to maintain service performance.
- Monitor the capacity of the infrastructure and plan for increased demand to maintain service performance.
- Assist other IT staff members with investigations of problems occurring on the various systems, playing a part in resolving IT incidents in a timely manner.
- Maintain asset records for infrastructure assets ensuring they are up to date.
- Document system architecture, changes and maintain appropriate IT controls.
- Document and own infrastructure standards and ensure compliance to these standards.
- Participation in an on-call rota along with other Infrastructure and IT Security Engineers, which is generously rewarded with on-call and call out rates, as well as time in lieu.
What we’re looking for from you:
- Experience in an Infrastructure Engineer or similar role, preferably gained in a Financial Services or e-commerce environment
- Experience designing, delivering & maintaining hosting in AWS
- Experience designing, delivering & maintaining on VMC and VCF
- Experience designing, delivering & maintaining a LAN and SD WAN
- Experience designing, delivering & maintaining on TKG
- Experience designing, delivering & maintaining HCI
- Experience designing, delivering & maintaining Fortinet or similar firewalls
- Relevant degree (or equivalent) beneficial
Specific technical skills we're looking for:
- VMware, vROps, vRA, NSX, vRNI, vRLI, HCX, vSAN
- SD WAN
- Fortinet firewall products.
- VXrail HCI, ESXi
- Linux server configuration and management
- Solarwinds, Zabbix, Opsgenie monitoring software.
- Microsoft Windows Server
- ADFS, SSO, MFA
- Microsoft Exchange Server
- Office 365
- Windows VDI
- Cisco certification (CCNA, CCNP, CCIE etc.)
- Capacity monitoring and planning
- AWS (desirable)
Desirable skills and experience you can also bring:
- Able to manage complexity: Ability to work with complexity and ambiguity; Changes approach when existing style or action proves ineffective; Seeks perspectives from others involved in a situation; Can identify the information required to clarify ambiguity for others
- Demonstrate self-awareness: Balances the needs of the business with being true to self and doing the right thing; Puts problems behind them once they have been resolved; Is able to interact effectively with others and use influencing skills to achieve business objectives
- Focus on our customers: Inspires teams to focus on customer service and achieving agreed customer service levels
- Know the business: Takes responsibility for making decisions and managing risk in line with business goals; Represents own team across whole business; Understands the link between own team and other areas of the business
- Engage others: Delegates and distributes tasks effectively; Sets expectations and milestones for others to enable them to plan their work; Builds rapport through effective communication; Provides helpful feedback and recognition
- Make good decisions: Creates detailed plans to effectively manage delivery and communicates these plans effectively to those involved; Is decisive, even during periods of uncertainty and change; Gathers the views of others to test own thinking; Considers the wider consequences, effects and implications of decisions
- Make improvements: Works as part of a team to drive long term change; Introduces new systems and processes to deliver improvements; Encourages others to be enthusiastic about change; Demonstrates innovation and creativity to respond to future customer and business requirements
- Work as a team: Builds and maintains strong working relationships across the whole business
AJ Bell is one of the fastest-growing investment platform businesses in the UK, with over 432,000 customers using our award-winning platform propositions to manage assets totalling more than £68.7 billion. Having listed on the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange in December 2018, AJ Bell is now a FTSE 250 company.
Headquartered in Manchester with an office in central London, we now have 900 employees and have been named one of the Sunday Times ‘100 Best Companies to Work For’ for three consecutive years.
There are opportunities for growth and professional development for members wanting to progress within their career including induction training and our study support scheme which is part of our benefits package.
At AJ Bell you can expect a friendly working environment with a strong sense of team work, we have a great sense of pride in what we do and this is reflected in our guiding principles.
There is an active programme of social events throughout the year, which are open to all employees.
- Regular remote working
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Buy as you earn share scheme
- Contributory pension
- Pay-day drinks on our 7th floor roof terrace
- 24 days holiday increasing to 30 with length of service
- Holiday buy scheme
- Enhanced maternity and paternity with length of service
- Death in service cover
- Confidential 24/7 365 employee assistance helpline
- Free onsite gym and trainer led classes (yoga, Pilates, boxercise, circuits)
- Paid volunteering days
- Bike loan scheme
- Season ticket loan portal
- Plus, much more.
This role is available under our hybrid working scheme. Ideally we're looking for people who are within commuting distance of one of our offices however for certain roles we can consider UK-based candidates who are further away - ask the recruitment team for more information. Please note, we are unable to provide employment sponsorship to candidates at this time.