Flutter Mobile Engineer
We are searching for a mid/senior level product centric Mobile Engineer, with strong knowledge on Flutter, to help us on our mission of striving to make investing easier for all.
This role is remote/WFH with occasional travel to our Manchester or London office to work with the team.
We like winning awards and we want you to help delight our users by creating award winning apps. You will put users at the forefront of the way you think and be passionate about great user experience and user interface design. You will be able to deliver tested, resilient and performant code against a fast paced environment. Your role will be pivotal in helping us achieve our mission by developing, shaping and iterating our customer facing Android applications.
You will be working on a product that will help shape the way that people invest in order to secure their future financial wellbeing. Working in a small highly focused mobile application development team you will be responsible for delivering against key company goals not just a set of features. You will have the opportunity to impact and shape the way we build products.
Working in a small agile team will allow you to be both nimble whilst at the same time delivering value to the business. Our focus is on individuals and delivery rather than ceremonies and complex process.
One of the Sunday Times Top 100 Best Companies to work for, AJ Bell is an award winning financial services business redefining how people invest.
What will your key responsibilities be?
- Translate designs and wireframes into high quality code and beautiful products.
- Design, build and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable code.
- Ensure and strive for the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application.
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs.
- Help maintain code quality, organisation, and automation.
- Work collaboratively alongside other engineers and developers working on different layers of infrastructure.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in mobile development.
- Experience in developing consumer facing, high-performance mobile applications.
- Strong knowledge of Flutter framework and all of its components, experience with Flutter is even better.
- Understanding of design patterns & SOLID principles.
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect mobile applications to back-end services.
- Knowledge of the iOS and/or Android ecosystems.
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
AJ Bell is one of the fastest-growing investment platform businesses in the UK, with over 432,000 customers using our award-winning platform propositions to manage assets totalling more than £68.7 billion. Having listed on the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange in December 2018, AJ Bell is now a FTSE 250 company.
Headquartered in Manchester with an office in central London, we now have 900 employees and have been named one of the Sunday Times ‘100 Best Companies to Work For’ for three consecutive years.
In return you can expect:
- Hybrid working policy, predominantly WFH
- Excellent career opportunities
- 24 days holiday increasing to 30 days with length of service, plus bank holidays
- Discretionary 6-monthly bonus
- Contributory pension scheme
- Holiday buy scheme
- Season ticket loan scheme
- Bike loan
- Enhanced maternity/paternity
- Sick Pay+
- Free social events including monthly pay-day Friday drinks
- Volunteering days
- + much, much more!
This role is available under our hybrid working scheme. Ideally we're looking for people who are within commuting distance of one of our offices however for certain roles we can consider UK-based candidates who are further away - ask the recruitment team for more information. Please note, we are unable to provide employment sponsorship to candidates at this time.