Application Support Analyst
An opportunity has arisen for an Application Support Analyst to join the London Application Support Team. Reporting into the Application Support Manager, the role will be responsible for helping to establish processes and improvements that will enhance AJ Bell’s trading platform and develop the team into a mature Application Support function. Where appropriate, the role will also be responsible for providing support on incidents that are escalated by the Application Support Manager.
This role can be based remotely, WFH with 1 day per week in the Manchester or London office.
What does the job involve?
- Identify and deliver improvement initiatives for both systematic and operational functions.
- Provide solutions to operational processes by establishing outstanding issues and inefficiencies.
- Serving as an escalation point for the London Application Support Team, as agreed by the Manager.
- Attendance and input into Change Meetings.
- Varied involvement in projects relating to the trading platform. Both as an SME and occasionally as a team member to help deliver work packages.
- Where required, involvement in releases to help support and implement more complex releases with important functionality, such as core software upgrades.
- Assist in developing the team into a mature application support and release function. Including release, environment and configuration management using a range of CI/CD tools, scripting languages and containers.
- Coaching and mentoring of other team members, as well as business users for newly implemented processes/functionality. Also ensuring there is a full service transition into the Application Support Team for agreed changes as well as providing full documentation and/or procedures.
- Co-ordination with users in regards to owned change.
- Providing cover for other team members as required.
- Good knowledge of a database language, DB2 SQL, MySQL, MongoDb etc.
- Excellent knowledge of iSeries (IBMi) system administration.
- Figaro experience highly beneficial
- Excellent knowledge of the financial services industry.
- Experience working within a Change and Release framework.
- Experience of scripting languages i.e. CL, Bash, PowerShell etc.
- Experience of managing small projects or service improvement initiatives.
Knowledge & Skills
- Excellent personal management and organisation skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- An analytical mind-set and technical ability.
- Ambitious and driven to exceed expectations.
- Ability to communicate at all levels, building positive relationships with colleagues and clients and maintaining excellent customer service skills.
- Credible and professional.
- Able to challenge appropriately and present solutions.
- A high attention to detail.
- Self-starting and able to work on own initiative.
AJ Bell is one of the fastest-growing investment platform businesses in the UK, with over 432,000 customers using our award-winning platform propositions to manage assets totalling more than £68.7 billion. Having listed on the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange in December 2018, AJ Bell is now a FTSE 250 company.
Headquartered in Manchester with an office in central London, we now have 900 employees and have been named one of the Sunday Times ‘100 Best Companies to Work For’ for three consecutive years.
In return we will provide all the training and support you need in order to develop within your role.
There are opportunities for growth and professional development for members wanting to progress within their career including induction training and our study support scheme which is part of our benefits package.
At AJ Bell you can expect a friendly working environment with a strong sense of team work, we have a great sense of pride in what we do and this is reflected in our guiding principles.
In return for your hard work you will be entitled to:
- 24 days holiday increasing up to 30 days with service, plus bank holidays.
- Discretionary annual bonus.
- Contributory pension scheme.
- Paid study support for qualifications.
- Enhanced maternity/paternity scheme with length of service.
- Bike loan.
- Season ticket loan portal.
- Discounted PMI and Dental.
- Free gym.
- Holiday buy/sell scheme.
- Free social events.
- Plus much more.