Technology Services Business Analyst
We are now looking to recruit a new Business Anlyst for our Technology Services department. The Hybrid Business Analyst /Project Manager Project Manager is responsible for the timely and effective delivery of technology projects, in support of AJ Bell’s strategic objectives.
What does the job involve?
- Gathering, analysing and validating business requirements
- Creating high quality specifications
- Working closely with various business stakeholders, development teams and external suppliers.
- Analysing solutions from all angles by modelling processes, mapping data and perform gap, impact and risk analysis to ensure that no detail is missed
- Supporting both internal development teams and external suppliers in the implementation of a change
- Manage the delivery of multiple technology led projects, often with a strong emphasis on financial regulation or in direct support of our Technology Services strategy
- Delivery of complex IT orientated projects, across multiple functions, with a mix of internal Agile development and third-party supplier development
- Establish and maintain effective and trusted relationships with internal Business and IT project stakeholders and external third-party suppliers
- Co-ordinate and drive the collaboration of project resources to get the best from technical and non-technical project teams
- Production and agreement of project scope, project plans and responsibility for leading and managing the project team to these plans
- Produce and monitor resource forecasts and budgets and where change is required, follow appropriate change control procedures
- Regular reporting on project status to sponsors, stakeholders and executive management board
- Identification and management of project risks, issues and dependencies, plus assessment of consumer outcome risks posed by the project
Competence, Knowledge and Skills
- Proven experience of working as a Business Analyst / Project Manager
- Strong technical knowledge and experience gained from a technology background
- Experience of working in the Financial Services Industry (preferred not essential)
- A proven track record of delivery on both large projects as well as smaller individual changes
- Experience of facilitating and managing workshops and meetings
- Experience of writing user stories, modelling processes, and documenting requirements
- Highly organised and self-motivated
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Excellent analytical and lateral thinking skills
- Excellent Stakeholder management skills
- Ability to build and manage effective relationships
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Experience of IT development methodologies e.g. Agile, SDLC (preferred not essential)
- PRINCE2 or PMP certification (preferred not essential)
AJ Bell is one of the largest providers of online investment platforms and stockbroker services in the UK, with assets under administration exceeding £74.1 billion and more than 418,000 clients. Our award-winning propositions include AJ Bell Youinvest and AJ Bell Investcentre. We have our head office in Manchester, as well as offices in Bristol and London.
There are opportunities for growth and professional development for members wanting to progress within their career including induction training and our management development programme which is part of our benefits package.
At AJ Bell you can expect a friendly working environment with a strong sense of team work, we have a great sense of pride in what we do and this is reflected in our strong guiding principles.
Our EQ4 office design is centred on delivering agile and collaborative working spaces that enable us to deliver a first class service to our customers. As well as state-of-the-art work areas, the office also has its own gym, relaxed break-out zones, a roof terrace, a dining area and a lounge which transforms into a bar for staff once a month.
There is an active programme of social events throughout the year which are open to all employees.
In return for your hard work you will be entitled to:
- Competitive salary (dependent on experience)
- 26 days holiday, increasing up to 30 days with service, plus bank holidays
- Holiday buy scheme
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Contributory pension scheme
- Enhanced maternity/paternity scheme
- Bike loan and Season ticket loan portal
- Discounted PMI and Dental
- Free gym
- Free social events
- Plus much more