Business Continuity & Resilience Coordinator
An opportunity has now arisen within our Operational Resilience team for a Business Continuity Coordinator. We are looking for a hardworking, confident individual who will work proactively with the wider business to identify and document potential threats to the business.
Reporting to the Operational Resilience Senior Manager, the Business Continuity Coordinator helps ensure AJ Bell can prevent, respond to, and recover quickly from operational disruptions. You will be a part of a growing team working within Operational Oversight and interacting with the wider business.
- Enhancing and maintaining effective business continuity plans by working regularly with Business Continuity plan owners
- Expanding on existing business continuity plans by ensuring effective detailed playbooks are in place which target specific threats
- Working with plan owners and other stakeholders to ensure that disruptive incidents are raised and recorded effectively
- Ensuring that post incident reviews and any resulting remedial actions are captured and tracked following operational incidents which impact our important business services
- Coordinating ad-hoc assurance testing to identify areas for improvement, such as emergency messaging tests
- Identifying, documenting, and coordinating the response to emerging risks
- Collating and interpreting data from around the business to ensure the accurate and timely preparation of reporting dashboards
- Collaborating with Third Party supplier management teams as necessary
- Developing and providing staff with awareness and training exercises related to business continuity and operational resilience
- Building professional relationships across the business
- Keeping the Operational Resilience Senior Manager up to date on progress
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
- Experience working in a business continuity or disaster recovery role desirable but not essential
- Have a good understanding of business continuity and operational resilience concepts and regulation
- Experience of writing reports, risk assessments or procedures
- Experience of running small workshops, training sessions or facilitating mock exercises
- Ability to think through hypothetical situations and to identify risks and vulnerabilities
- Ability to collaborate effectively to drive the improvement of business continuity planning
- Able to communicate confidently with senior stakeholders across the business
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Proactive and adaptive to change
AJ Bell is one of the fastest-growing investment platform businesses in the UK, with over 432,000 customers using our award-winning platform propositions to manage assets totalling more than £68.7 billion. Having listed on the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange in December 2018, AJ Bell is now a FTSE 250 company.
In return for your hard work you will be entitled to:
- 24 days holiday increasing up to 30 days with service, plus bank holidays.
- Hybrid working
- Discretionary annual bonus.
- Contributory pension scheme.
- Paid study support for qualifications.
- Enhanced maternity/paternity scheme with length of service.
- Bike loan.
- Season ticket loan portal.
- Discounted PMI and Dental.
- Free gym.
- Holiday buy/sell scheme.
- Free social events.
- Plus much more.