Looking to develop a career in HR with an award-winning business in the financial services industry? AJ Bell could have just the opportunity for you.
Due to the continued growth of the business, an opportunity has arisen to join our Manchester team as a HR Administrator. Reporting to the HR Manager, you will be responsible for providing efficient and effective HR administration to support to all areas of the business. As a HR Administrator you will support the wider HR team with administration tasks and will be responsible for ensuring all employee records are maintained efficiently and accurately.
This is an ideal opportunity for someone looking to take their first step into a career in HR.
- Ensure the HR system is kept up to date and maintained on a daily basis.
- Support the on-boarding of new starters, including issuing offer documents and carrying out background checks.
- Support with the leavers process, including liaising with management, updating the HR system, issuing letters and co-ordinating exit interviews.
- Keep on top of incoming queries into the HR inbox.
- Administer the sickness absence procedure in line with company policy.
- Support all administration duties within the HR team for example change of job role and promotion letters.
- Support the wider HR team with annual administration tasks e.g. performance reviews, holiday processes and background checks.
- Support the Recruitment Team with assessment days.
To be successful you will:
- Have a strong academic background, educated to Degree level (or equivalent).
- Be able to demonstrate a passion for HR.
- Have an awareness of current employment law and ACAS Codes of Practice.
- Possess effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Possess effective planning, organisation and time management skills.
- Be able to demonstrate meticulous attention to detail, a high standard of grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- Be a proactive and self-motivated person who can work effectively with others.
- Advanced competence level with Microsoft Excel and Word.
AJ Bell is one of the largest providers of online investment platforms and stockbroker services in the UK, with assets under administration exceeding £68.7 billion and more than 432,000 clients. Having listed on the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange in December 2018, AJ Bell is now a FTSE 250 company. We have our head office in Manchester and offices in London and Bristol. We now have over 1000 employees and have been named one of the Sunday Times ‘100 Best Companies to Work For’ for three consecutive years.
At AJ Bell you can expect a friendly working environment with a strong sense of team work, we have a great sense of pride in what we do and this is reflected in our guiding principles.
In return for your hard work you will be entitled to:
- Up to £23,000 salary
- 24 days holiday allowance increasing up to 30 days, plus bank holidays
- Discretionary bonus paid twice a year
- Contributory pension scheme
- Paid study support for qualifications
- Enhanced maternity/paternity scheme
- Bike loan
- Season ticket loan portal
- Discounted PMI and Dental
- Free gym
- Holiday buy/sell scheme
- Free social events
- Plus, much more
We would be looking for the successful candidate to start as soon as possible.