Senior React Front-end Engineer
This is an exciting opportunity for a Senior React Frontend Engineer to lead UI development on our Investcentre platform.
What does the job involve?
- Agile methodologies and a passion for continuous improvement and building a high-performance engineering team
- Work with the team to design and deliver high quality products
Competence, Knowledge and Skills
- 4-5 years expertise in building modular and reusable components and libraries for frontend Single Page Applications with React
- Experience with structuring and writing unit tests
- Knowledge of general frontend tooling (particularly Nodejs and npm)
- Experience and interest in RxJS
- Awareness of common frontend styling paradigms (e.g.: CSS modules, CSS in JS)
- Experience with setting up and writing end to end tests using Cypress or Nightwatch
- An interest in scalable code using methodologies such as BEM and micro front-ends
- Awareness of AWS, CI/CD.
- Understand principles behind highly performing web pages
- Good knowledge of Web APIs
- Agile / LEAN / Kanban
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Very motivated with high levels of drive and enthusiasm
- E-commerce and/or financial services experience
- Keen to learn and develop new technical skills
AJ Bell is one of the fastest-growing investment platform businesses in the UK, with over 432,000 customers using our award-winning platform propositions to manage assets totalling more than £68.7 billion. Having listed on the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange in December 2018, AJ Bell is now a FTSE 250 company.
Headquartered in Manchester with an office in central London, we now have over 1000 employees and have been named one of the Sunday Times ‘100 Best Companies to Work For’ for three consecutive years.
There are opportunities for growth and professional development for members wanting to progress within their career including induction training and our study support scheme which is part of our benefits package.
At AJ Bell you can expect a friendly working environment with a strong sense of teamwork, we have a great sense of pride in what we do, and this is reflected in our guiding principles.
There is an active programme of social events throughout the year, which are open to all employees.
What we offer:
- Regular remote working
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Buy as you earn share scheme
- Contributory pension
- Dedicated time for proof-of-concepts and assessing new tech
- Support to attend conferences, events, and meet-ups
- 24 days holiday increasing to 30 with length of service
- Holiday buy scheme
- Enhanced maternity and paternity
- Death in service cover
- Confidential 24/7 365 employee assistance helpline
- Free onsite gym and trainer led classes (yoga, Pilates, boxercise, circuits)
- Paid volunteering days
- Bike loan scheme
- Season ticket loan portal
Please note, we are unable to provide employment sponsorship to candidates at this time.