Business Continuity & Resilience Coordinator
An opportunity has now risen within our Operational Resilience team for a Business Continuity Coordinator. We are looking for a hardworking, confident individual who will work proactively with wider business to identify and document potential threats to the business.
Reporting to the Operational Resilience Senior Manager, the Business Continuity Coordinator helps ensure AJ Bell can prevent, respond to, and recover quickly from operational disruptions. You will be a part of a growing team working within Operational Oversight and interacting with the wider business.
- Enhancing and maintaining effective business continuity plans by working regularly with Business Continuity plan owners and Heads of Department
- Expanding on existing business continuity plans by ensuring effective detailed playbooks are in place which target specific threats are documented and reviewed regularly
- Working with plan owners and other stakeholders to ensure that disruptive incidents are raised and recorded effectively
- Ensuring that post incident reviews and any resulting remedial actions are captured and tracked following operational incidents which impact our important business services
- Coordinating ad-hoc assurance testing to identify areas for improvement, such as emergency messaging tests
- Identifying, documenting, and coordinating the response to emerging risks
- Collating and interpreting data from around the business to ensure the accurate and timely preparation of reporting dashboards
- Collaborating with Third Party supplier management teams as necessary
- Developing and providing staff with awareness and training exercises related to business continuity and operational resilience
- Building professional relationships across the business
- Keeping the Operational Resilience Senior Manager up to date on progress
Qualifications and work experience
- Experience of working in a business continuity or disaster recovery role desirable
- Have a good understanding of business continuity and operational resilience concepts and regulation
- Experience of documenting risk assessments or related continuity policies or procedure
- Experience of running small workshops or facilitating mock exercises
- Ability to think through hypothetical situations and to identify risks and vulnerabilities
- Ability to collaborate effectively to drive the improvement of business continuity planning
- Able to communicate confidently with senior stakeholders across the business
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Proactive and adaptive to change
About AJ Bell:
We are one of the largest providers of online investment platforms and stockbroker services in the UK, with assets under administration exceeding £74.1 billion and more than 418,000 clients. Our award-winning products include AJ Bell Youinvest and AJ Bell Investcentre. We have our head office in Manchester, as well as a Media office in London.
At AJ Bell you can expect a secure and friendly working environment with a strong sense of team work, we have a great sense of pride in what we do and this is reflected in our guiding principles.
There are opportunities for growth and professional development for members wanting to progress within their career including induction training and our study support scheme which is part of our benefits package.
In return, we will provide the training and support you need in order to develop within your role.
In return for your hard work you will be entitled to:
- 24 days holiday increasing up to 30 days with service, plus bank holidays
- Hybrid working policy after initial period of training
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Contributory pension scheme
- Enhanced maternity/paternity scheme
- Bike loan
- Season ticket loan portal
- Optional discounted Private Medical Insurance and Dental
- Free gym
- Holiday buy/sell scheme
- Social events
- Plus much more